Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tech Savvy Version of "Caught Being Good"


I don't know one parent who doesn't like to receive pictures of their child doing something good! One thing I do occasionally is snap pics of the students when they are performing exceptionally well in class (i.e., on task during a workshop activity, demonstrating how to do something on the board, making a presentation, helping a peer). I then send the parent/caregiver the picture via text message. THEY LOVE IT!! I try to do it at least once with every student. Parents who I have called in the past due to challenging behavior are especially receptive. This is one thing I do to help build parent engagement and strengthen the home and school partnership.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea!!! I have "caught being good" postcards that I just got made... maybe I can send a picture in the mail along with them! :)

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete