Saturday, May 5, 2012

Trade Your Pencil





Trade your pencil: Hand held pencil sharpeners are my nemesis!!! I put a ban on them in my classroom. To make sure every student always has a sharpened pencil (because you know how important that is to them), I have the "trade your pencil" rule. In the morning (before the other students arrive) one student sharpens a cup full of about 75 pencils. Students trade their unsharpened pencil for a sharpened pencil throughout the day. They cannot take a pencil unless they trade and they must ask for permission to trade. Some students prefer to hold on to their personal pencils so I let them sharpen their own pencils (using my heavy duty electric sharpener) during breakfast, right after lunch, and when we are preparing to dismiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment